Gluten Free Pizza
Everyone loves pizza so why should you miss out just because you eat gluten free foods?
No need to feel left out! Pizza never tasted so good!
In accommodating for different lifestyles, culinary and health choices, here at Green Cottage we’re delighted to be able to introduce our amazing, great tasting Gluten free pizzas.
In addition to Gluten free pizzas, you can also choose from our delicious range of Gluten free salads, kebabs and some starters.
Just let our team know and they will be able to guide you through the menu.
Our Gluten free pizza* bases are:
What is Gluten
Gluten is a protein found in wheat, rye, barley and oats. In people with coeliac disease, eating or drinking anything containing gluten causes different symptoms and damage to the lining of the small bowel. Gluten is commonly blamed for gut symptoms experienced by people with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
Gluten free foods
Despite the restrictions, a person on a gluten free diet can still enjoy a wide and varied diet. It is important to read the labels of all packaged or prepared foods.
Some gluten free foods that people with coeliac disease can enjoy include:
- meat products – unprocessed meat, fish, chicken, bacon, ham off the bone and meats that are frozen or canned, but with no sauce
- dairy products – eggs, full-cream milk, low-fat milk, evaporated milk, condensed milk, fresh cream, processed or block cheese, and some custards and soy milks
- fruits and vegetables – fresh, canned or frozen (but not sauced), fruit juices, nuts and peanut butter
- cereal and baking products – corn (maize) flour, soya flour, lentil flour, rice (all types), rice flour, rice bran, potato flour, buckwheat, millet, amaranth, breakfast cereals made from corn and rice (without malt extract from barley), polenta and psyllium
- bread, cakes and biscuits – most rice crackers, corn cakes, rice crispbreads, corn tortillas and corn taco shells, packaged breads labelled gluten free, packaged biscuits and cakes labelled gluten free
- pasta and noodles – gluten free pasta, rice noodles, rice or bean vermicelli and 100 per cent buckwheat noodles
- condiments – tahini, jam, honey, maple syrup, cocoa, all kinds of vinegars (except malt), some sauces and some salad dressings, some tomato pastes
- snacks – plain chips, plain corn chips, unflavoured popcorn and plain chocolate
- drinks – tea, coffee, mineral water, wine, spirits and liqueurs.
*Please note that Pizzas made with Gluten Free Crust are made in a common kitchen. We do not have a separate area in our kitchens that are guaranteed free from gluten.